Chat agents allow users to interact with AI instances (or agents) by asking them questions related to the agents knowledge settings. If the agent has documents or uploads associated to it, the agent can produce content related to those items.
The section can be located from the main menu:
Chat with agents
New Chat, a modal appears for the user to provide details for the following:
- Agent: This is a mandatory field which requires users to select a previosuly created agent. (See more details under the agents page.)
- Chat name: This is an optional field of the name you would like to give to the chat and relates to the context of the questions asked to the agent. If not provided, ToothFairyAI will generate a title based on the first interaction with the agent.
- Description: This is an optional field and as the field name suggests, should be a description of what the chat is about.
- Language: This is set to auto-detect by default. The user can choose which language the Large Language Model (LLM for short), will provide responses in. Leaving this on Auto-Detect allows the chat to change the language based on the input. This field is only available if the multi-language feature is enabled for the selected agent.
- Public chat: Allows the chat to be visible to other users that have been invited to the workspace or private to yourself. This can be changed from private to public after the chat has been created, however you are unable to go from public to private. Admins can see all chats, regardless of whether they are public or private.
- Knowledge: Allows the agent to narrow down the data it uses to answer questions to a specific document. This is an optional field and can be left blank. If left blank, the agent will use all documents associated to it to answer questions. No documents coming from the web-pages are available for selection in this field.
More about Chat with agents
After creaing a new chat, the title, if provided, in the modal will apear within directory panel. The directory of where the chat is located is within the name of the agent selected in the modal.
New chats associated with an agent will appear in its directory.
ToothFairyAI loads only the last chats created. In case you want to retrieve older chats, you can use the
Load more button to load more chats.
In the chat window, there is an option to filter topics for the agents. By default, all topics assigned to the agent are accessible; however, selecting specific topics ensures that the agent only retrieves knowledge from those selected topics.
When a question is posed to the agent, all the documentation within the assigned topics is used to generate an answer. Filtering the topic will reduce the referenced documentation and alter the agent's response.
The chat window is where the user can interact with the agent. The user can ask questions and the agent will respond streaming the answer in real-time. Depending on the agent's settings, the agent will provide metadata about the answer. The metadata provides additional insights to the user about the answer.
Specifically, the metadata provides the following information:
- References: The documents used to generate the answer.
- Duration: The time it took for the agent to generate the answer.
- Detected language: The language the agent used to generate the answer (if the multi-language feature is enabled for the agent)
In case in-depth information is required, the user can click on the
Show details button to expand on the sources of information used by the agent to generate the answer.
In detail, the expanded view provides the following information:
- Documentation: It shows the specific passages of the documents used by the agent to generate the answer. The passages show the title of the document and the confidence score of the agent in the answer.
- Functions: It shows the AI functions used by the agent to generate the answer. The functions show the name of the function and exact data retrieved from the function whether it is an API call or a database query.
Finally, the user can click on the
Clipboard button to copy any message to the clipboard.
The user can provide feedback to the agent by clicking on the
Thumbs up or
Thumbs down icons. The feedback is sent to the workspace administrators to improve the agent's performance.
The user has the opportunity to provide additional feedback filling in the following fields:
- Main feedback type
- Sub feedback type
- Free text to provide additional information
Feedback type and sub-type are automatically populated based on the answer provided by the agent.
Feedback cannot be provided in public chats.